Monday, July 20, 2009

Outlaw Willie


Last month James Parker had a challenge to paint aged people. Windows to the Words He had a few cool photos to choose from...I chose Willie Nelson. I missed the challenge dates, but i decided to do one anyhow.I always thought that Willie rocked (especially the band he used during the mid-seventies and early eighties) and could croon in his own unique vocal style...he sounds great singing duets with either male or female vocalists. I heard he built a new addition to his home to keep all his CMA, AMA and Grammy awards in...lol
5"x 6" Watercolor

3 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

This is an excellent piece of art! His expressions and age are very well portrayed..:)

Dennis said...

ty Megha

James Parker said...

Wow, Denny...I would have posted your Willie on WTTW if ya had sent it in...I'm not a stickler for details or deadlines. As a matter of fact I'm gonna go back and"RetroPost" it for old archival sake. Check it out.